Common Symptoms of Mold in Your Home
- Allergies, asthma attacks, and other respiratory issues.
- Itchy & watery eyes
- Exposure to toxic substances produced by some mold cultures.
- Dizziness & fatigue
- Difficulty focusing
- Itchy and dry skin
Areas Where Mold might be Present:
- Drywall (plaster walls are more resistant to mold growth)
- Carpets & carpet pads
- Wood framing
- Wallpaper & other wall coverings
Tips for Residential Policyholders During a Mold Insurance Claim
- Ensure the safety of yourself and other occupants
- Always wear PPE (personal protective equipment) goggles & N100 respirators
- Take initial photos and a list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of a building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Does my Insurance Cover Mold?
Note: This article is informational only. When making purchasing decisions, conduct your own research.